Groveland Fire Department Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

    Login to Your Account


Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (978) 363-6511

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Any Groveland resident may obtain a burning permit to burn on their own land. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a burn permit?

You may register online using this website.

What can I burn?

Brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris (but not from commercial or industrial land clearing) Agricultural materials including fruit tree and bush prunings, raspberry stalks, and infected bee hives for disease control. Trees and brush from agricultural land clearing Fungus-infected elm wood, if no other acceptable means of disposal is available

Do I need a permit?

Yes, open burning requires a permit from the Fire Department. Burning without a permit can result in fines.